Why become a member of the Palisades Women’s Club?
The Palisades Women’s Club provides a variety of social and service opportunities.
Volunteering in service activities allows members to make a difference by helping charitable organizations in our community. During the last few years, the club has been involved with a variety of charities including the following:
- Dress for Success
- Loaves & Fishes
- Hospitality House
- Carolina Breast Friends
- On Eagles Wings Ministries
- Charlotte Urban Ministry
- Holy Angels
- Y Readers
The ladies in the Palisades Women’s Club enjoy socializing and making new friends. Throughout the year, there are a variety of social events for members. Occasionally, there are outings to enjoy with spouses or guests. Events enjoyed in the last few years have included:
- Art Museum Tours
- Mixology Demonstration
- Charlotte Trivia Night
- 80s Prom
- Holidays Around the World
- Smartphone Photography Class
- Cooking Classes
- Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens
- High Tea Southern Style
- Taste of Italy Social
- Couples Funny Bus Tour
Auxiliary Groups are special interest groups for members who share similar passions and interests. Among the current auxiliary groups are:
- Day Trippers
- Gardening Girls
- Matinee Madams
- Cooking Club
- Sewing Club
- Wine Aficionados
- Couples Potluck
- Couples Dining Out
- Knitting and Crocheting for Fun and Charity
- Book Lovers
Who is eligible for Membership?
A prospective member can join the Palisades Women’s Club if she resides in the Palisades or is a member of the Palisades Country Club or Sports Complex. Potential members may attend up to two meetings, one of which may be a social event held at the Club, before joining.
What does a membership cost?
Annual Membership Dues are $50.00. Dues support our operating expenses (i.e., Palisades Country Club facility fees, website, signs, name tags, and meeting activities) as well as contributions to the charitable organizations we support.
Dues do NOT include the cost of food and drink at meetings or events.
How do I become a member?
There are several payment options:
- Online – Complete the Membership Form online and pay with your credit card ($50.00 plus credit card convenience fee). Click “Join Today” to access the form and payment screen.
- At a meeting – Attend a monthly general meeting and sign up at the membership table. (You must have made a reservation and prepay for your meal to attend, even if you are not yet registered as a member.) You will be asked to complete or update a Membership Form and pay your $50.00 annual dues. Dues may be paid in cash, check (written to Palisades Women’s Club) or credit card ($50.00 plus credit card convenience fee).
- Via mail – Email the Membership chair at membership.PWC@gmail.com to request a membership form to be emailed to you. Upon completion, you may mail it along with a check for your dues payment to our Membership Chair.
General Meeting Details
General meetings are normally held the first Wednesday of each month, September through May. Meeting times vary between lunch (noon) and dinner (6:30) and are held at the Palisades Country Club. There is a NO JEANS dress code associated with our general meetings.
Are bar services associated with meetings and events?
Yes. There is a 30-minute social/cocktail time before evening meetings and events. Alcoholic beverages are NOT included with your meal. The bar requires credit/debit card payments for wine and cocktails.
How do I RSVP and pay for my meeting or event meal?
Everyone must RSVP and prepay for your meal at least 12 days before each meeting. Reservations and payment are completed on the Home page of our website via credit card payment by clicking the “Meetings-Events-RSVP” button. For PCC members with a food and beverage minimum, there will be an option on the RSVP form to have your food charged to your PCC account. Meal payments are non-refundable. Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate attendee substitutions or walk-ins.
About your initial membership dues and renewal timing.
Renewal of annual dues is expected to be paid the first month the PWC reconvenes after the summer break. If you join the PWC later in the year (i.e. February), your first dues ($50.00) will cover your membership until the annual renewal month of September.